»Ø¸´: Heintzman Pianos

Elian Degen degen@telcel.net.ve
Mon, 23 Nov 1998 14:42:13 -0400

------=_NextPart_001_0105_01BE16EF.75A07F40

    Hello Baoli=20
   =20
    As I told you.=20
   =20
    I was surprised of the quality of the instrument, and how it reacted =
to our climate, sound is surprisingly good and most of all the feeling =
when tuning the piano, tuning pins are firm and have a good grip, The =
only weak point I see in it is the action. Have you had any experience =
with it on a mid term basis. ?
   =20
    Elian
    =20
    Heintzman piano is made by Beijing Heintzman Piano Co.LTD. It is a =
smaller piano factory,but the piano is one of the best in China.China =
has four large piano factories and many smaller factories.
    Heintzman Piano Co. makes both upright and grand pianos.It was =
established about ten years ago.The general manger and nearly all the =
skilled workers came from Beijing Hsinghai Piano Factory,one of the four =
largest piano factories in China.So,even if it has a very short =
history,it can make the better pianos in China.
    The action of upright piano is made in China.The soundboard is =
unusual(you can see it clearly from the back)and it is made by another =
piano factory in the northeast of China.
    The customer told you the piano costs $2000.00 .  yes,most Chinese =
pianos cost $1000 to $2000.In China,It is estimated that there are more =
than one million(1,000,000) children are learning piano playing,few of =
the Chinese family can afford to buy a Basendofer or a Hamburg =
Steinway,as you know,China is a developing country.=20
    Most of the China--making pianos need regulation.I think there are =
two reasons for this,one is because the shape--change of wood.
    Another reason is probably because the workers are not skilled =
enough.China has a 5,000 years of civilization history,but she has less =
than 50 years of piano making history!=20
   =20
    Thank you for your interesting in Chinese piano.
    =20
    Baoli Liu
    Shenyang Conservatory of Music
    P.R.China