Whitney spinet

John Dewey jdent@soltec.net
Sun, 22 Nov 1998 07:56:34 -0600

Years ago at a PTG convention I purchased a shock cord that had a metal hook
at each end and 2 sliding metal hooks on the cord. You could stretch it
behind the back checks and hook it to the end action brackets and hook the 2
sliding hooks to the interior action brackets. I find it handy when removing
the action on an old upright with broken bridle tapes so I can do an
estimate on rebuilding. Usually a couple of jacks fall down but a lot better
than having to reset 88 of them. It should be easy to make one using strong
elastic and heavy wire (maybe # 32 piano wire) for hooks. It doesn't take up
much room in you tool box.

John Dewey