brass flanges

fdube@vianet.on.ca fdube@vianet.on.ca
Wed, 18 Nov 1998 22:06:01 -0500

I've forgotten how to deal with brass flanges.Usually I find that the butt
plate at the front breaks right at the screw hole. A staight forward
repair. This time its the brass rail back piece that seems to have an
overly grooved out center pin groove.Do I cut it off and put in a repair
clip.Schaff catalogue suggests repair clip 513A when one half of the old
groove is used. They also suggest repair clip 513B when the tongue has
broken at screw hole. I presume there's no necessity to cut any
brass.Perhaps all that is needed is to overlay the brass clip and to run
the screw through Any suggestions or comments?