Restringing J Mayer Grand

Eliot Lee elee@amug.org
Wed, 18 Nov 1998 14:33:28 -0700

Dear List,

	I have a 1890 J Mayer 7' grand.  It is out of Munich.  Pierce
doesn't have any serial numbers listed.  I would like to find out when it
was made.

	Some guy removed all the strings w/o properly measuring them, so I
have a bundle of wire which I would like to aviod measuring each one of.

	Where can I find a restringing guide for it?  John Travis mostly
gave guides for american pianos in his book.

	Would a scale stringing program be more sensible?  IF so which one
is recommended.  It has the same mess with the bass strings, but those I
can distinguish by the diameter somewhat.

	Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Eliot Lee