Everett

Billbrpt@AOL.COM Billbrpt@AOL.COM
Tue, 17 Nov 1998 14:18:22 EST

In a message dated 11/16/98 11:09:05 PM Central Standard Time,
all4tuning@worldnet.att.net writes:

<< I plan
 to try the CA glue remedy if the owner agrees. Would appreciate comments
 from anyone who has tried CA glue on an Everett with this problem.
 Thanks and regards,  Henry Kopek, Chicago Chapter    >>

Hi Henry,

I think the CA glue is a good idea for more than one reason.  Bill Brandom
said that back in the early '80's (before CA glues were on the market), they
used epoxy with positive but not entirely satisfactory results.  With CA glue,
you have some advantages:  you don't have to mix and you don't have a limited
time before the glue starts to set up in the pot.  It will only begin to set
up after it has been applied.  Also, the CA glue will combine with most any
organic substance unlike the epoxy.  The epoxy merely took up space but the CA
glue will really defeat the slippery effect of the lanolin.

I suggest that you use the medium or thick viscosity and repin with 4/0 pins.
Simply apply the CA glue in the hole and a bit to the end of the pin and drive
and string normally.  The pins will begin to feel very firm in a matter of
minutes.  No accelerator is needed for this job.  You can expect a fairly
normal feel to the pins afterwards.  (Be sure to get a handsome fee for your
expertise and workmanship).

Regards,

Bill Bremmer RPT
Madison, Wisconsin