Fallboard staining problem

Joseph Alkana jfa19@IDT.NET
Mon, 16 Nov 1998 20:08:26 -0500 (EST)

Dear list,
A somewhat vexing problem came up regarding Samick fallboards. I have
discovered that most of the seven Samick grands I serviced last month,
including the Kohler & Campbell label, have a significant amount of stain or
paint that is free to come off on a customer's rug if your're not careful.
The area on the back side of the fall board not normally seen, is not
covered with the standard polyester finish. Unfortunately the stain or paint
used underneath is rather dusty or chalky, and will leave an unsightly line
on a light colored rug. When the customer attempts to remove said "line"
with standard rug cleaners the problem magnifys. You need not ask me how I
know.  Apparently a professional rug cleaner will be called to solve this
problem, but I suspect a solvent based product will be used.

May I suggest that you not set the fall board down on the aforementioned
side to prevent such an accident. Since that first encounter I found six
more just like it this past month.

Thanks Samick.

Joseph Alkana RPT