Martha Stewart on pianos

Ricard de La Rosa ricard@propiano.com
Sun, 15 Nov 1998 20:34:37 -0500

Dear Ed:

Forgive me for this slightly different perspective:

"Homogenity", vanilla or otherwise, is not conducive to great and interesting
(colorful) piano tone...in my humble opinion.  One needs wild snarling pianos; one
needs tame and polite pianos; one needs lean, projecting and penetrating pianos.
They must all rightfully be "different"...and one house (even if they can't help
it) tends to succeed in making them all seem different.

Perhaps the fellow on TV was a total buffoon. One can not be sure.  But for me,
the concept of absolutely divergent piano tone is MUSICALLY  important.

Ricard de La Rosa
PRO PIANO