St. Louis 1 Day

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Sat, 14 Nov 1998 23:04:27 EST

Alan Vincent and Paul Revenko-Jones were two excellent instructors at our
seminar. As I indicated earlier,  we only had 14 people attend. Those 14,
however, all learned a great deal about touch weight, action relationsship,s
termination points, and how to take a piano appart, and put it back together
again.

It was disappointing to have only 14 people there. We had hoped for about 25.
I want to get on a little soap box here, so if some of you are offended, I
appologize. But if what I have to say encourages the rest of you to do
something about it, then I feel I did the right thing.

15 years ago when I was an RVP, and we were managed by Fromm, my name somehow
got on the mailing list for the Gasoline Dealer's Association, one of the
other organizations Fromm managed. One day I got in the mail a notice on how
to take care of underground tank leakage. (I am sure all of you are dying to
get to that seminar, right :) ). Anyway, the seminar was in Chicago, for one
day. No pre-seminar coffee, no lunch, no breaks. Nothing but listening to some
guy talk about how to fix those pesky leaks. The registration fee to attend
that one day seminar was $750.00.

David Vanderhoven, who was at our seminar, showed me a seminar brochure on how
to be a better writer. (perhaps I should take that course). The cost of that
one day seminar is $175.

We offered coffee, rolls, danish, juice, coke, pepsi, a lunch, and 2 excellent
instructors, for $25, ($30 for non St. Louis members, and $60 for non
members), and only 14 showed up.

What I am trying to say here people, is when a seminar is offered within 100
miles of your home, GO. PTG seminars are the least expensive way to learn the
most information in the shortest period of time. Our profession has got the
best instructors, many of who don't charge a fee for teaching what they know.
You'll never be able to buy that instruction at a university, or any other
place, except at the seminars and conventions put on by the PTG.

If I sound like a commercial for PTG, its because I think this organzation is
the best in the world. Unfortunately, I guess I am preaching to the choir, but
if I get one of you to attend the next PTG sponsored seminar, then I will feel
I have done my job.

End of soap box.

Willem Blees