Winter Console Hammer Delima

Richard Moody remoody@easnet.net
Sat, 14 Nov 1998 20:04:15 -0600

Do they look like birds trying to fly away?  Unless they are too stiff go
felt.  Let that dry about 20 30 minutes, apply more glue, hold in place
with a thick rubber band wraped around as necessary.
	If  just those heads are replaced, you will probably have three or four
hammers in a row that sound distractingly different. Matching to size,
shape and bore can be difficult.
I would try to glue down even if they have to be placed in a vice one by
one.  (Or fashion some cauls on the band saw and use C clamps.) That is if
the rubber bands don't work.

Ric Wrap and The Rubber Band

> From: YouthPage8@AOL.COM
> To: pianotech@ptg.org
> Subject: Winter Console Hammer Delima
> Date: Saturday, November 14, 1998 7:28 PM
>
> I was tuning a Winter & Co. Console for a new customer today, and
noticed that
> the felt on three or four hammers in a row was coming unglued...
.........  Should I glue back the felt or replace the hammer heads
completely??