Broken Key

RalphBl@AOL.COM RalphBl@AOL.COM
Sat, 14 Nov 1998 17:51:25 EST

Hi John:

You wrote:
>I use metal tape from car repair, for the
reinforcing. It is strong and thin, so filing is not required.<

Thanks for the suggestions! The response was really quite good...some ideas I
already knew about but yours intrigues me. I went searching for the metal tape
at an auto supply store but they had nothing like that and didn't really know
what I was talking about. Could you give me some more specifics about it? My
son is an auto painter and if I could reach him, might shed some light on it
but he's out for the weekend. The store had some metal adhesive-backed sheets
made by the Bondo people that might serve the purpose. You simply cut it with
scissors to shape, peal off the backing and stick to the, in this case, key.
It had a sort of web-like (lots of holes) appearance. I think its purpose is
to support the application of Bondo over holes in car bodies or something like
that.

Anyway, thanks for the response and I look forward to hearing from you.

Ralph