Friction

Jon Page jpage@capecod.net
Thu, 12 Nov 1998 20:11:51 -0500

Rogerio,
Clean the pins with steel wool or scotch brite and CPL.
I recommend the Key Bushing Iron to size the bushings which
is available from Pianotek. Lube the felt with teflon powder.
( I mix it with CPL and apply it sparringly with a small brush).

Also ease the hole on the bottom of the key. Do you have the
tool which fits in from the button to ease the inside of the hole?

Buff the capstans on a felt wheel to a high shine. Punch a hole
in a piece of cardboard to fit over the capstan, then hold it on the
keystick to prevent wheel marks on the key.

Burnishing the repetition lever and brushing /lubing the knuckles is
helpful also. Then check the hammer flange centers.

Jon Page
Harwich Port, Cape Cod, Mass. (jpage@capecod.net)