Centre pin lubricant

Jlovekeys@AOL.COM Jlovekeys@AOL.COM
Thu, 12 Nov 1998 16:49:18 EST

<<

Dear List et all

I have seen several times the recomendation of many of you for using Protec

Here in beautiful Caracas, north of SouthAmerica, I have not found Protec

anywhere.

I would like to know if anybody knows what is Protecīs formula, or which is

the factory that produces it.

or what other product can be used

Thank you

Hello Elian, Enjoy your posts. Greetings to the fine folks of Venezuala. I
dont know the formula for Protek. What I use is called Protek CLP. I believe
it was designed as a center pin lubricant, but can be used in many
applications to reduce friction and even help with vertigris( green gunk that
grows on some older pianos). On the bottle I have it says the address is
Protek Lubricants, P.0. Box 99,Fort Jefferson,NY 11776. I do know many of the
supply houses keep it in stock. You might try APSCO, Schaff, or Pianotek.  If
you need the addresses for these supply houses, email the list or me privately
and I'll try to locate them to let you know.  On the bottle I have it states "
Will not harm wood,plastic,felt,or the piano finish. Will not attract dust.
Will not travel".  I have no reason so far to doubt these claims and have used
a few bottles already.  It comes in a four ounce bottle that is under $10.
Buenos dias. Jim Love, PTG associate, Midland, TX.