Hazard of Accutuner ( Have I ruined my new bass strings ?)

Ricard de La Rosa ricard@propiano.com
Thu, 12 Nov 1998 16:11:08 -0500

Dear Russell:

I've done that on a note or two.  I don't think one needs to worry about the
winding.  However, "tensile strength" and "elasticity" might be physical
characteristics that do not fare too well under such a situation.

Maybe you should not worry, and just be happy they didn't start breaking.

Ricard de La Rosa

PS:  I have never liked to "over stretch" any wire by two semi tones....especially
the last octave and the bass strings.  But, I usually do "chip" pianos to A443,
A445, or even A446 after they have been restrung.  I may do this for as many as 4
times prior to "shooting" for A442 (NY Standard Pitch, by he way).