steinway

A440A@AOL.COM A440A@AOL.COM
Wed, 11 Nov 1998 20:58:17 EST

 Greetings,
> This whole deal is
>starting to smell to me.  What do you think.

     James, I think you should totally ignore what the dealer, the plumbers,
the husband and the other technicians say and give her an estimate of what you
think the piano requires.
    Steinway restoration would be glad to rebuild this piano, and for $18,000
you can get a new board, block, strings, finish, and still have enough left
over for a new action.
    As far as the dealer wanting to get the piano for $1,500, tell him there
are techs out there that will pay more than that for it, unseen.
Regards,
Ed Foote
(Make my day, tell me to come up there with $2,000 a take this poor old piano