strings o spinet

Roger Jolly baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Tue, 10 Nov 1998 22:46:56 -0600

Hi Frank,
             I use a stringing hook, turn the pin out 3 turns,measure your
coil length, make the becket, set the becket hole at 9 o'clock, form the
coil with the string hook. Once the coil is formed back off a little and
lift up to form a tight coil, pull to pitch, and tighten the coil with a
coil setter. Works 90% of the time.
Hope this helps.
Roger

At 05:00 PM 10/11/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Yesterday I had to relace string on a Wurlitzer spinet, around F#4.  The
>problem I had was with the pin directly above the pressure bar...I could
>not get my coil lifter/string spacer tool between the pins. The pins are
>packed quite closely in this area of the piano.
>
>Even my thinest screwdriver didn't help much.  Needless to say, the coil
>was BAD, BAD, BAD!  Has any one developed some sort of tool or technique
>for this situation?
>--
>
>Frank Cahill
>Associate Member