STARR Piano Co. Info.

Ron Berry ronberry@iquest.net
Tue, 10 Nov 1998 07:02:28 -0500

My experience is that any piano made in Richmond, IN
has a bad pinblock, (Starr, Richmond, Jesse French,
Lagonda)

Since an old upright with a bad pinblock isn't worth much I
would check out the pinblock carefully before doing any
other work to the piano.

Ron Berry

> >Have a customer who would like information about her SN 21725 Upright Starr
> >piano.  I have looked in the Pierce Atlas  #9 & 10.  The Starr Piano Co. of
> >Richmand Ind. is not listed.
> >
> >Would appreciate any information reguarding age and or History of Co.  I
> >think its around 1910 or so.  Will be doing an ongoing  "reconditining" as
> >money comes.
> >
> >Ron Lindquist,  R&R Piano

Ron Berry, RPT, Indianapolis, IN
ronberry@iquest.net