mystry piano

DGPEAKE@AOL.COM DGPEAKE@AOL.COM
Mon, 9 Nov 1998 23:31:17 EST

In a message dated 11/7/98 6:35:17 AM Pacific Standard Time, jdent@soltec.net
writes:

<<
 I am interested in finding out who made a piano I have in my shop. The
customer says he thinks it is about 75 years old. There are no identifying
marks cast into the plate. Lettered on the plate is "Style RR" and the number
50438. It is an Ampico reproducing player and the Aeolian patent plate is
nailed to the stretcher. The player is # 130744. There 12 single and 16 bi-
chords in the bass section. The top tennor note is # 58. It has a W. N. & G.
hand action. Whoever antiqued the case did a good job of covering any
identifying marks.

 John Dewey  jdent@soltec.net

If the piano is to refinished, look for the decal after using the first layer
of stripper on the fallboard.  Or lightly sand where the decal is usually
centered and see if an impression takes place.

Dave Peake, RPT
Portland, OR