Action Handling

Greg Newell gnewell@EN.COM
Sun, 08 Nov 1998 20:43:25 +0000

On Fri, 6 Nov 1998 16:03:04 -0600, Joel Jones wrote:

>List;
>I'm working on a grand action off campus where I don't have 4 wheel carts.
>There is no way to get close to the stage without walking a long distance
>carrying the aciion of a 9' grand.   Ouch, my aching back.
>	Anyone have any good tips on how to move this action without
>also takes up extra room I don't have in my car.
>	Suggestions  are  gratefully appreciated.
>Joel

Joel and list,

	I have found years ago that it is most comfortable to carry
heavy items on your shoulders.  Some will undoubtedly balk at the
idea of hoisting that delicate machine up onto ones shoulder but if
your going more than a couple of feet I'd rather have the help of a
straight back and a more comfortable walking position.  Naturally a
cart of some sort would be infinitely better.  Of course I discovered
all this long after I already wiped out my back.  Oh well!
				Greg Newell
Greg and Mary Ellen Newell
Greg's Piano Forte`
Lakewood, Ohio 44107