Yamaha Method of Damper Regulating

David ilvedson ilvey@jps.net
Sun, 8 Nov 1998 21:05:14 +0000

Tom,

Why can't I simply raise or lower the pedal rod head or
shim/remove material until I have a sample hammer lifting at
approximately 1/2 blow distance, if that is what I'm after.
Then pull action, loosen screws, assure dampers are securely
resting on the strings and free in the top flange, tighten and
adjust for twisting heads etc?  Why all the mumbo jumbo?  I
remember this from the Little Red Schoolhouse and it seemed
overly complex.

David ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, CA

David Ilvedson, RPT