Have I found treasure?

RptBob1@AOL.COM RptBob1@AOL.COM
Sun, 8 Nov 1998 23:15:08 EST

<<
  I have no way to play these, but more importantly I'm wondering whether
these
 recordings have any historical significance today.

  Gordon Large, RPT
  Mt. Vernon, ME >>

Gordon:

My father owned 9,800 78rpm records-most of which were classical symphonic and
opera recordings.  After he passed away I tried to find someone who would want
these for their "historical" value and finally found a person in Cleveland who
was interested and he bought the entire collection for.... $200.00.  This
person is President of the Beecham Society.  $200.00 was the only offer I had
and I was glad to see him haul that sizable collection away.  They are now
stored in his warehouse and he occasionally uses one of these recordings in a
local Classical (WCLV) Radio station show honoring Sir Thomas Beecham.(British
Conductor of internation renown

Bob Bergantino,RPT
Cleveland, Ohio