Have I found treasure?

PNOTNR@AOL.COM PNOTNR@AOL.COM
Sun, 8 Nov 1998 22:07:24 EST

Hi List,

Recently my wife and I decided that we missed our old stereo.  Our old
turntable's stylus went belly up about 10 years ago, so we put all our records
(about 600, mostly classical) in the attic and almost forgot about them.  We
started collecting CD's, but it kills me to buy a recording of something I
already own.

This weekend we tried to find someone or someplace that might know where we
could find a stylus for the turntable, and we struck out, BUT we did find a
Radio Shack that sold turntables, and we bought one.

To make a long story short, in the process of bringing all our records out of
storage, I found that I have a small collection of 78's.  These include: 1.
Rubinstein w/Toscanini and the NBC Symphony, playing Beethoven Concerto #3, 2.
Rubinstein playing Beethoven's Sonata #8 ,  3. Rubinstein playing Chopin
Scherzos.  4. There is also a collection of Chopin's 24 Preludes (opus 28)
played by Alfred Cortot, who is a name unfamiliar to me.  I don't know where I
got these, and frankly didn't know I owned them until today.

I have no way to play these, but more importantly I'm wondering whether these
recordings have any historical significance today.

Gordon Large, RPT
Mt. Vernon, ME