Hammacher Schlemmer Tuning Hammer

Deryck Harnett dharnett@MORGAN.UCS.MUN.CA
Sun, 8 Nov 1998 12:11:03 -0330 (NST)

List people,

I'm not sure that the list permits for sale posts, so I will do a gentle
gavotte around that issue.  I recently purchased a rosewood handled tuning
hammer with head and tip made by Hammacher Schlemmer.  I know the company
used to supply tools to industry, and I believe it still exists.  My
question relates to the reputation of the company and whether or not I
have anything of signifiance.  The handle is somewhat thinner than other
hammers I am familiar with, and the steel in the head and tip has aged in
a way I have not seen with old woodworking tools I have bought.  Most show
a rusty yellowing even when cleaned, but this one is a blue grey colour.

I would appreciate any assistance which can be offered.
Deryck Harnett