softwindows or virtual pc

Thu, 05 Nov 1998 22:49:43 -0800

Eliot,

At 05:25 PM 11/5/98 -0700, you wrote:
>Hi list,
>
>	I am wondering if any of you mac users have softwindows, real pc or
>virtual pc and which software you prefer.

We have a number of users here at Stanford who use one or another of the above.
These users are using PPCs of some flavor or G3s, either way, with _lots_ and
_lots_ of RAM (128 min).  The combination, on the 233 or 266 G3s, running
Win95 under "virtual pc" is, properly set up, very impressive.  Faster than
a comparable
PC.  The results using WinNT40 are, frankly, more mixed, but still a reasonable
alternative.

The real key seems to be taking your time and paying close attention to the
installation instructions.

"Orange" cards -  - Hmmmmm  -  We don't need no stinking orange cards.

Feel free to contact me directly for additional information, if you wish.

Best.

Horace