Unison beats good?

Thu, 05 Nov 1998 22:36:31 -0800

Rob,

Learning to tune a beatless unison is, like learning to tune
in equal temperament, a place to start.  It is to tuning what
the scales, Hanon and Czerny are for the pianist...the foundation
of our technique, or lack of one.

Once the technique is solid, then those limitations no long
impose themselves on our musical judgment, and any number
of wonderful things can take place.

Best.

Horace