Noisy bridle straps

Elian Degen degen@telcel.net.ve
Thu, 5 Nov 1998 12:38:15 -0400

I have been using silicon clear RTV sealant, the same used for Aquariums, it
adheres to the hole, it keeps always soft, easy to scrape off later, it is
transparent, picture attached

Mind the picture, I did it this way so you can see the consistency, I donīt
normaly work so messy, I normaly use a drop on the back of the bridle strap,
it also avoids the bridle leather part going around the wire

I try to avoid white glue and Elmer or any water based glue, they tend to
rust the wire in that point after some time

Elian

>Hi  List,
>
>I am asking this question for another tech that I work with. He wants to
know
>if anybody has a way to silence noisy bridle straps in Baldwins.  They make
>noise at the bridle wire . He 's tried Protek grease,  and filing the hole
in
>the bridle tab. The former solution doesn't last, and the latter takes too
>long. Any other suggestions out there ?  Thanks in advance.
>

>Regards to all,
>
>Cia DiTommaso

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: sil.JPG