Key weighting

David Porritt dporritt@swbell.net
Thu, 05 Nov 1998 07:32:43 -0600

Ted:

I've done this several times.  If the weight is now pretty even, you can
just add weights at some predetermined spot on each key and the result
will still be even.  Try placing a weight on a key and measuring the dw
again.  Find the spot where the dw is what you want, then draw a line on
all the keys at that spot and install the weights.  I prefer the .5 inch
key weights rather than the "jiffy" screw in ones, but either will
work.  Jiffy's can rattle if they are not screwed in really tight.

dave

--

David M. Porritt, RPT
Meadows School of the Arts