Libretto/RCT Review

Don Mannino dmannino@kawaius.com
Wed, 4 Nov 1998 15:28:40 -0800

Carl,

I'm using a PC laptop with a large screen, and I do not recommend it for
tuning purposes.  One of the smaller computers is better. Even the
libretto becomes fine once you plug in a monitor and keyboard at home to
do the real work!

 Besides getting in the way (even opening the lid with the computer
inside a grand tends to hit the bottom of the piano lid) it makes the
piano kind of tippy - wrestling with tight tuning pins on an upright
while watching the computer rock around is kind of scary.

I usually set the computer next to the piano on a chair or table,
though, so I avoid any real risks.

Get a docking station and plug the computer into it when you get home.
Then the smaller screen won't be such a drag when not tuning.

Don Mannino