Yamaha hammer butt flange cords

Elian Degen degen@telcel.net.ve
Wed, 4 Nov 1998 15:29:17 -0400

Mark,

Thank you very much for your information, I didnīt know Yanaha had corrected
this problem, neither any of my colleagues in Venezuela.

Elian Degen
Piano Tuner and Technician
Caracas, Venezuela  degen@telcel.net.ve
Phone 58-2-748547/ 58-14-9222981 Fax 58-2-748547

>For what it's worth, Yamaha has changed the material used in the hammer
butt flange cords to a synthetic material (Tetron) that should  last much
longer than the original cotton cord.   The new flange cord is used on all
pianos with serial numbers higher than 5,777,600 and on replacement  hammer
butt flanges.