Kawai RX6

Avery Todd atodd@UH.EDU
Fri, 29 May 1998 18:20:50 -0500 (CDT)

John,

   We've had very good luck with the RX-6 we have here on our lease
program. It's in our Choral Recital Hall (also a choir room) and all the
choir
directors and pianists who've used it like it a lot.
   Because of that, we've even decided to buy it. (Bet you didn't know
*that* yet, Don.) :-)
   The room is *extremely* live so it will need some voicing, but it seems
to be a very good instrument.

Avery

>List, have any of you worked on a Kawai RX6?  What do you think of that
>piano? After opinions as our church is considering the purchase of one.
>Thanks in advance
>
>John Fortiner
>pianoserv440@juno.com

>>John,
>>
>>I work on them all the time - although my opinions might be a bit
>>biased!!
>>
>>In my opinion it is the best model in the RX line.  I encourage you to
>>hear it side-by-side with whatever else the church is considering - that
>>kind of test is quite revealing, and generally favors the sound and feel
>>of the Kawai.  I think it is one of the best 7 foot pianos available -
>>but of course others will disagree, as they should.
>>
>>When there is no EX in our showroom to practice on at lunch time here at
>>Kawai, it's usually one of the RX-6s that I go to. I'd like very much to
>>have one at home.
>>
>>Don Mannino RPT, Manager
>>Kawai Piano Technical Support, US and Canada
>>DMannino@kawaius.com
>>http://www.kawaius.com

Avery Todd, RPT
Moores School of Music
University of Houston
Houston, TX 77204-4893
713-743-3226
atodd@uh.edu
http://www.music.uh.edu/

MUSIC DEFINITIONS:
   Accelerando : what happens when drummers have to keep a steady beat.