Sound in Feet per Second.

Doug Richards Doug.Richards@qntm.com
Fri, 29 May 1998 16:12:44 -0700

Del,

Thanks a bunch for the modulus and density info.  I looked for it a whole
back and couldn't find it.  Can you tell me what type of wood these numbers
are for?  I started to do a simple finite element model of a soundboard with
a 3 string unison to look at how much the board stiffness changes the
response of the strings...  I need the modulus of both spruce and maple to
do a more accurate job, but anything you have is better than nothing.

doug richards
San Jose, CA