Janssen info needed.

Richard Moody remoody@easnet.net
Fri, 29 May 1998 09:54:18 -0500

Thanks to all who provided information.
	What Dave suggests is actually the way the bolts, (upper at least) were
put in...  the head from behind, with acorn nuts (I never would have
thought of that term :)  )  over the the primary nuts in front.  Of course
the first thing I did was check their tightness, but alas the bolts turn.
At least they are not loose enough to have permitted the splitting.  Also
the apparence of the split would make one wonder if it was caused by a
pulling-away tension, or unproperly seasoned wood.
Which leads me to suspect that after the tension is let down and clamps
applied, nothing will happen to the crack.  Anyhow what they say about one
picture worth 1000 words is true here.  This is not the "ordinary"
pinblock seperation from back.
	Siince the piano was at pitch, and from out-of -tuness didn't sound like
a split or seperating block, or look recent, and if it holds it's tune for
the next seven years like it did for the last seven, well you can see why
the client chose the wait and see option.

Richard Moody