EVESTAFF

Jim Coleman, Sr. pianotoo@IMAP2.ASU.EDU
Wed, 27 May 1998 21:54:03 -0700 (MST)

This may be the piano which they made for the Hardman Co. here in the
States. It was very compact and had a drop action, full perimeter plate,
a pickup wire which was fitted between the keys. These wires were fitted
to an auxiliary rail with tongues which pointed back at the player. These
tongues were lifted by the capstan screw near the end of the key. They in
turn lifted the lifter wires which were passed down between the keys and
connected to the wippens.

I liked these pianos. When completely closed up, they looked like a closed
writing desk.

Jim Coleman, Sr.