Baldwin Bass Bridge

Gregory Torres Tunapiana@adisfwb.com
Tue, 26 May 1998 15:27:48 -0500

Dear List,

I am working on an old (early 1900's) Baldwin upright and need to have a

new bass bridge made. (I have a bitmap diagram available to view- if you
want I will send it privately) The apron is 3 ply laminated maple. Cap
is solid maple. What is unusual (at least to me) is that it is attached
to the soundboard at approximately 30 degrees angle. It is hard to
describe so that is why I made the diagram for those like myself who
have never encountered one like this. Anyone with even the most basic
paint/draw program should be able to view it.

The Question is:

Any opinions and suggestions as to where I might send this to be
duplicated? I am in the middle of 2 other projects now and cannot take
the time to do this myself. I thought about repairing it but it is
warped badly.

Thanks to all in advance.

Sincerely,
Greg Torres