Keytops

DGPEAKE DGPEAKE@aol.com
Tue, 26 May 1998 01:22:32 EDT

<<
 While we're on keytops maybe someone can answer a question.  It bothers
 me when I replace an ivory that the darkness of the wood underneath
 shows through.  Is there any way to whiten the top of the key, that will
 dry fast enough, so the ivory keytop looks the same as the others when
 glued on?  Thanks in advance!

 Clyde Hollinger, RPT
 Lititz, PA

Depends on the type of glue you are using.  Most glues will not dry white, and
leaves a greyish color that will show throught the ivory.  Wafers or tacky
glue like Aleens or Sobol mixed with powdered zinc dioxied will alleviate the
problem.

I also have heard of a clear transfer tape that is tacky on both sides that is
made by 3M.  I do not know where to get it, have not tried it yet, but maybe
the list will help us both in this case.

Dave Peake, RPT
Portland, OR