Keytops

Richard Moody remoody@easnet.net
Sat, 23 May 1998 03:32:43 -0500

PVC -e    or the White plastic glue,  not to be confused with PVC  plastic
pipe glue which is clear and goopy, has to be ordered from a piano supply
house.
HOWEVER, the glue sold in sewing stores as fabric glue might be the same.
You can use that as a get by substitute.
	I have used it (PVC-e) for keytops, and glueing nylon cloth to player
pneumatics, and also pneunatics to decks, (but this is conroversial), and
felt to metal, lelather to felt and business cards to insides of pianos.
You must though apply the PULL TEST, to see how it conforms to your
standards of tenacity.

	It is very messy for keytops.

	For keytops  on the last two sets, I have used a glue called Goop.  It
stinks, (smells bad) but I can't pull the keytop off.  without great
effort....  it is not nearly as messy.  I hope it lasts.
Richard Moody
5-22