Mason & Hamlin Tour

Z! Reinhardt diskladame@provide.net
Sun, 24 May 1998 17:32:02 -0400

As some of you already know, the bus for the M&H factory tour is fully
booked.  However, there is still room at the factory if there is a way to
get up to Haverhill on our own.

Theoretically, it is possible to get to Haverhill by rail -- Amtrak from
Providence to Boston (South Station), then MBTA Commuter Rail from Boston
(North Station) to Haverhill.  Each train ride is about an hour, but time
must be allowed to get between North and South Stations (two very short
subway rides or a nice walk).  According to an Internet map, the distance
between the train station in Haverhill and the M&H factory is just over a
mile.  If anyone is interested in further information, I can post that too.
 (Maybe I can find the paper maps I have of Haverhill and get a little
"visual verification" of the roads there.)

If you decide to rent a car and drive up there, be aware that Haverhill is
among the most difficult towns in Massachusetts to navigate in.  In other
words, it is incredibly easy to get thoroughly lost.  Furthermore, since
there are so many little streets running every which way, the detailed maps
of the area are often difficult to read.

Hope some of this helps ---

Z! Reinhardt RPT
Ann Arbor  MI
diskladame@provide.net