to master or not(sorta off)heh-heh

Guy, Karen, and Tor Nichols nicho@lascruces.com
Fri, 22 May 1998 17:53:58 -0600

At 09:33 AM 5/22/98 EDT, you wrote:
>In a message dated 98-05-21 19:46:44 EDT, Leslie B. writes:
>
>>With a little logic"This ain't rocket science",

then Wim:
>With a little hard work and common sense, anybody can become a Rocket
>Scientist.

Guys, I gotta step in here. I operate in "Rocket-Science-Ville", Southern
New Mexico. A lotta my customers are "rocket scientists". We get roadblocks
when headed east to Alamogordo 'cause of rockets that occasionally plow in
to the ground. Got to watch one spin around twice from my back yard before
the "destruct" thing turned it into a cloud. The recent "THAD" missile
foray is a great example. (of course, wadda you expect.... I mean...
'THAD'? not 'ZUES or HAWK? THAD? really!) The rocket boys are 5 for 5 on
that puppy. Almost gave one to Mexico, for free!
	Point is, we do what is right for the situation, and strive for 99.9%
success rates.(or thereabouts) We can't afford a failure rate of....
well... not very darn many, that's for sure!
	At least pianos don't plow into the ground at Mach 6, although I do think
that some have a self-destruct.
	Comparing our skills to those of rocket scientists just isn't.....
science.

"I got poooosts..... that ramble ramble ramble...."
		old rocket science song

guy

Guy Nichols, RPT
nicho@lascruces.com

 Anyone Without a Sense of Humor Is At The Mercy of The Rest of Us.