Keytops

Gregory Torres Tunapiana@adisfwb.com
Thu, 21 May 1998 19:48:51 -0500

Willem,

I think the problem is the solvents in the 3M spray adhesive. It is a lot stronger
chemically than rubber cement, and it will eat into the plastic although you can
still use naphtha to clean it when it is still fresh. I had a similar experience.
I don't believe it is the keytops themselves because when I used the latex based
adhesives I have never had this problem.

And you can buff keytops if they are acrylic plastic. Only the white abs top from
Vagias can be buffed. The others (Vagias) are made of a softer plastic. The molded
tops from American Supply can also be buffed.
It is handy to be able to buff a scratch out especially when you happen to
accidentally scratch one when installing. JMHO

Regards,
Greg Torres