Rim Repair

NBWW NBWW@aol.com
Fri, 15 May 1998 22:43:56 EDT

Del
I'm interested in your choice of glue for the rim repair. I'm a long time user
of titebond products, and find that their "yellow" glue doesn't do as well as
their "white" glue if the surfaces do not mate well.  Titebond's Molding Glue
has gap filling properties, but to what extent I'm not sure. It has worked
well to fill small missing slivers and small gaps. Also, the "whites" tend to
give a little to alignment stresses and heat usually will separate the joint.
Epoxy is used for "permanent" repair, gap filling in a major way that requires
high strength. For this rim repair,  the epoxy would not be my choice either.
Judging by the damage described, I  would have used the maple plugs and the
molding glue.  Any thoughts?

Paul Chick RPT
Plainview MN