Emergency tool kit

Wimblees Wimblees@aol.com
Wed, 13 May 1998 19:02:48 EDT

Thank you David, for reminding us we need to make sure our cars will make it.
The number one tool in my "emergency kit", though, doesn't have anything to do
with cars. It has to do with my business.

How often have you gotten to your first appointment in the morning, and
discovered that you left all of your tools in the shop, (or basement, or on
the kitchen table)? Of course, _I_ have never done this, but I heard a lot of
you have :). In the back of my van I have a small pouch that contains a tuning
lever, one rubber mute and a 20" piece of temperment strip. It ain't much, but
I can tune a piano with it. I have used it aobut 10 times in the last 15
years. (oops, I forgot, I told you I never forget my tools). One day I tuned
three pianos with it, until found an opening to go home and get my "regular"
tuning tools.

Willem Blees RPT
St. louis