tuning stability

Norman Barrett barre46@ibm.net
Sun, 10 May 1998 22:41:21 -0500

Hello list,
Let me post my 2 cents worth about seating the strings. The tool that I made to
do this job is a piece of 1/4" brass rod about 5" long. One end I have filed a
grove in to help keep it on the string. This tool fits nicely in the
combination handle and I can just lightly bump each string down with the heel
of my hand. You could probably do the job by simply pushing down gently because
the only thing holding the string off the bridge is friction against the bridge
pin. This is my humble opinion.
Norm Barrett