Knight Pianos - Thank you all!

Billbrpt Billbrpt@aol.com
Sat, 9 May 1998 14:44:27 EDT

In a message dated 5/9/98 11:57:01 AM Central Daylight Time,
Robert.Goodale@nau.edu writes:

<< Thanks to all those who responded regarding the Knight pianos. I will
 pass the info on to the interested party.

 Rob Goodale, RPT

Sorry I didn't get a chance to respond to this sooner but I am with those who
would generally recommend the Knight piano as a good one.  In fact, they are
among the best vertical pianos built in recent times.

They are not quite as easy to service as a Yamaha or Kawai but they have
exceptionally good tone quality and deep, rich bass.  The sustain in the
treble is so long that there are many more dampers in the treble than with
most pianos.  While all of them have a nice lookiing case, some of them have
the most beautiful veneers available in a vertical today.

Those that have the Langer actions are the best, in my opinion.  The Walter
pianos have had the Langer for several years now too.  If I were asked my
opinion on the best that money could by in a small vertical piano today, the
answer would be the Walter and the Knight because of the high quality and hand
crafted character these two brands have.  It is unfortunate that the Knight
piano is not being exported to the US at this time.

Bill Bremmer RPT
Madison, Wisconsin