Plate pin hole size

Sat, 09 May 1998 11:30:01 -0700

John,

If you're drilling these holes using a very heavy duty overarm drilling machine, it's size
on size. It's not likely that you have one of these in your shop, so... If you're drilling
by hand using a portable electric drill, start with a number size drill bit a couple of
sizes smaller -- A #23 or #24?  I don't remember the diameters of these drill bit off
hand. Number size drill bits are just one more reason for converting to the metric
measuring system. -- and work up. Use the larger drill bits just as reamers. Test as you
go. Use a bit of light machine oil on the pin as you drive it in.

Del