Corkless bridle straps

DGPEAKE DGPEAKE@aol.com
Sun, 3 May 1998 20:20:16 EDT

<<
 Dave et all,

 I think that by the time this set of straps has worn out it probably won't
 matter about trying to steam them out. It will probably be time to either
junk
 the piano or completely rebuild. Any thoughts?

 Regards,
 Greg Torres

You are probably right about the piano being worn out when time to replace the
straps again.  But there are advantages of hide glue. It is easy to use, and
with hot hide glue it drys fast.  I usually have a pot cooking for hammers or
key bushings, so I do not have to make a special batch of glue to do the job.
And should be piano be in good enough shape.........

One more thought:  I prefer the suede tip over the fabrilite tip. It is
softer, and remains soft for many years.  Fabrilite hardens over time and
difficult to work with after a few years.

Dave Peake, RPT
Portland, OR