bridge problem

Gregory Torres Tunapiana@adisfwb.com
Sat, 02 May 1998 14:57:59 -0500

Hi Leslie,

Just another though. What Susan suggests is pretty much what I would do except
I like to use marine epoxy thinned very slightly with acetone ( longer open
time & helps it seep into the cracks better) and with the piano on its back
pour it into the cracks (with pins removed) let it get in really good then put
pins back in. Have a rag and some acetone or lacquer thinner handy to wipe up
what gets pushed back out of the cracks. Let it sit overnight. Replace strings
and finish up.  (option-mix some hard maple sawdust in with the epoxy. Works
good on those really deep splits)

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Greg Torres