Funriniture polish on satin finish

David ilvedson ilvey@a.crl.com
Fri, 1 May 1998 15:29:55 +0000

Jerry,

I had a Yamaha U1 with high polish that the hotel
cleaning folk dutifully "polished" everyday with Guardsman
Polish, provided by our local piano supply house.  I serviced it
Quarterly and was noticing that the finish was cloudy and
sticky.  Finally I talked with the management and found out
about the polish...they quit using it, I came in and with many
rags and paint thinner got the polish off.  A big job.  Paint
thinner will not affect the finish and will get rid of the "oil
slick".  If nervous try it out on an inconspicous spot...Then
use Cory products...

David Ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, CA

> Date:          Fri, 01 May 1998 16:04:56 -0500
> From:          Jerry Hunt <jhunt@geocities.com>
> To:            pianotech@ptg.org
> Subject:       Funriniture polish on satin finish

> I have a Boston grand with black satin finish. My daughter, trying to be
> helpful, used Plege furniture polish on it. How best to remove the oil
> slick?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Jerry Hunt
> Dallas, TX