USING JUICES

Rogerio Cunha rogeriocunha@openlink.com.br
Mon, 01 Jun 1998 20:42:33 -0300

To the list.
I am restoring  German upright  ( Beckstein ) and I wiil change all the
hammers of it. To do this I blought from APSCO a set of IMADEGAWA
hammers  - part number 2412JMNBS -. I am reading some discussions on the
list abourt the difference between the European hammers and American
hammers ( I couldn't to read nothing about Japonese hammers) and I need
that the Imadegawa hammers that I have be so hard as the European
hammers. To do this I have a juice of lacquer and acetone as I read
sometime ago on the PTG forum. QUESTIONS:
1 - What is the better way in order to do this? Before or after the
instalation of the hammers ?
2 - How many drops to apply and where? Together of the wood? In both
sides or in one side ?
3 - After this if a hammer is more hard than I wish is easy to voicing
it?
Rogerio Cunha - IC Member of the Guild - Rio de Janeiro.