Answering Machines - Opinions Please

Paul McCloud smccloud@ix.netcom.com
Tue, 28 Jul 1998 07:39:21 -0700

I use a digital machine made/sold by Dial Digital which I found in a
small phone machine/telephone shop.  It's made in Taiwan and sold out of
Canada.  The model I have cost around $100.00, and it has a 28 minute
memory, much more than any other I found in the usual places.  You can
record your own message out, and it doesn't have that "canned" voice
greeting.  It will date and time stamp all messages, you can recall
messages instantly, you have a digital call  counter, remote access,
etc.  It is a very good machine.
 But why not use your computer?  You could get a voice/fax modem and
have a very good machine right in the computer.  I leave my computer on
all the time, so I would do this except that I already bought the
machine.  If you are interested, email me and I'll give more details,
where to get, etc.
	Paul McCloud