stuck

tech@steinway.com tech@steinway.com
Mon, 27 Jul 1998 09:22:51 -0400

Richard and List,

Sorry for the linguistic shorthand.  In the factory we call it an "action
stack" which gets shortened to "stack" when we talk about height, so the
result is "stack height".

How could it get too low?  Of course we would like to find the technician
who lowered it just so the problem would end up on the Pianotech list, but
the truth is that, once or twice, a Steinway has left the factory with less
than optimal action stack height.

By the way, we would love to post regularly, but we don't know anything
about historic temperaments, CA glue, or digital tuners ;-)

Stephen Dove
Steinway & Sons
New York