Bosendorfer (was Re: 'Grey Market' Yamahas-again)

Avery Todd atodd@UH.EDU
Mon, 27 Jul 1998 07:53:03 -0500 (CDT)

Carl,

   This is not necessarily so. At least in the older versions. I don't
know about the new ones. We have 11 Bosendorfers, app. 20-25 yrs. old,
all the same model (No. 200) and none of them have glide bolts.
   Perhaps it has changed since these were brought in. Does anyone know
for sure?

Avery

>3) How many other differences are
>there in this redesign and manufacturing process?  Well, one example
>that comes to mind is Bosendorfer.  If I remember correctly,  The non-US
>version does not have action glide bolts since the frame to keybed fit
>will stay put.  But if it comes to the US, they get glide bolts.  Now,
>how about moisture content of the wood . . . . . .?

>Carl

Avery Todd, RPT
Moores School of Music
University of Houston